Jar 42 cm with palm, red and green fitonia, cherry stone
Creating your own DIY forest in a jar doesn't have to be so hard! Building your own little ecosystem is great fun for the whole family and a very practical way to teach kids how to take care of their little forest.
A set for individual construction.
What is a forest in a jar?
It can be defined as a small, living micro-world closed in a glass space, which is a unique decoration.
According to the assumptions, the forest in a jar is a small ecosystem, thanks to which we do not have to take care of it completely. Thanks to the fact that a closed ecosystem is created, we don't have to water our jar :).
Is it difficult to take care of a forest in a jar?
The forest in a jar doesn't require much care from us, because a closed jar has its own inner life. The water has a closed circuit, is absorbed by the roots and released as it evaporates and returns to the ground by condensation.
Where is the best place for our jar?
The jar does not like to be in full sun, it should stand in shade or partial shade.
Our self-build kit includes:
- Glass jar (height 42cm, width 22cm) from our Polish glassworks made of thick white glass of export quality
- Cork lid
- Substrate set:
- Earth 3l - Our mixture of earth consists of, among others, high peat, medium peat, compost, perlite, NPK fertilizer and microbiological preparation. All the components of the substrate are carefully sieved and composed in the right proportions so as to give the soil the right fluffiness and the right reaction. Presented by us product is ideal for compositions in glass containers and also for cultivation of potted plants.
- expanded clay - 1l
- White sand - 0,5kg
- Activated carbon - 30g
- Plants - Chamedora palm, red phytonia, green phytonia
- Moss - 1x cushion moss 3-6cm
- Additives: cherry pebble 0,5kg
- The set comes with detailed instructions so that you can build your dream composition of the forest in a jar step by step.
How to build your own little forest in the jar?
Nothing simpler! We attach to the set detailed instructions - how to build your forest in a jar.
How to cultivate a forest in a jar?
Here are some of the most important rules for growing plants in closed containers:
- Control of disturbing phenomena that occur inside the container, such as the appearance of mold, pests or fungal diseases
- Watering and regulating humidity
- If necessary, spray the plants, especially moss
- Selecting a suitable location for your planting
- Paying special attention to the care of plants during flowering
Please check the package very carefully in the presence of the courier, whether all items in the package are intact. In particular, please pay attention to the glass jars. In case of damage, please prepare a damage protocol in the presence of the courier.
The goods received may differ slightly from those placed on the illustrative photo, this is due to the fact that each plant has its individual shape and coloration of the leaves.
- 42 cm
- Plant 1
- 0,5 kg
- 3 l
- Activated carbon
- 30 g
- 1 l
- Ornamental stones
- Cherry pebble